Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hitchhiking Tibet #6

After a whole day of resting and hanging around the village, there was really not much for me to do there. I was feeling much better and it was time to hit the road again.

Question was: where to?!

As much as I wanted to keep going west, several things were holding me back. All the road construction trucks where turning north and the only vehicles heading towards mount Kailash where a few packed tourist jeeps. Also my travel authorization was running short and traveling at such speed it was at least another 4 days one way to mount Kailash: I really wasn't sure I'd reach the Nepal border before my visa expires.
All in all i decided to head back east and at least try to see mount Everest before leaving the country.

Eventually a local bus passed and the driver, far away from the authorities, accepted to take me onboard.




No comments: